The Noosa Botanic Gardens are located on Lake Macdonald Drive, Lake Macdonald.
The Noosa Botanic Gardens are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Staff love visits from their favourite dogs, however this area is a dog on-leash area at all times. Dog litter bags are available so everyone can enjoy their visit.
Take a walk in the gardens
Noosa Botanic Gardens layout map [125KB] shows the following sections:
- Section A: Open lawns, bridal walk, no seating
- Section B: Largest lawn area, 2 picnic shelters with tables, plus 1 other table and 1 seat and drinking water. Used mainly for school activities and birthday parties
- Section C: Lawn area enclosed with subtropical planting, 4 picnic tables and 2 seats
- Section D: Bush chapel, 3 bench seats with a bridal photo area to the north. Red hippeastrum flowers late September to October
- Section E: Lawn area, 1 picnic shelter and table
- Section F: 2 picnic tables, 1 shelter and 1 seat. Leads down paved steps to an area enclosed with lawns and gardens.
The gardens are also available for holding an event, wedding or ceremonies. All reservations to hold events in the Noosa Botanic Gardens are managed and approved by Noosa Shire Council. Read the following information for further details:
- apply to hold an event at one of the above garden areas
- apply to hold a wedding or ceremony at one of the above garden areas
With beautiful water views over Lake Macdonald, the gardens are a great location for a leisurely stroll or family picnic. Drinking water, tables and shelters are available in the gardens and bench seats scattered throughout offer a place to enjoy the peace and tranquillity. Graded pathways make access a breeze and a disabled access toilet is available within the gardens.
There are no barbecue facilities in the gardens, however there are two electric barbecues located in the adjoining foreshore park next to the boat ramp.
A bus and car park is located at the entry to the gardens off Lake Macdonald Drive. Vehicles are not permitted to drive into the gardens, however you can make special arrangements for tour groups to set-down and pick-up disabled or elderly patrons. Please give reasonable notice for these arrangements. Tour groups, wedding parties and event personnel must make prior arrangements before visiting and should note that a 22 seater bus is the largest vehicle able to drive into the gardens.